5.21.2011

Summer!

... but it sure doesn't feel like it!

     Once again, I have been reminded that I am not invincible - I have been running daily in order train up my knee, which bothers me when I run long distances.  With the weather so bleary this week, I refused to give in and ran in the rain anyways, on some days for an hour or so - and now I have a sore throat and a headache!  In May!!

     In other news, my medical school application is due in just over a week, I start my 3/4 time job on Monday, and I officially dread going down to Provo.  I used to love it, my friends, but that city is swiftly becoming dead to me.  I love Salt Lake so much more!  Last weekend I ran around with my friends up at the Capitol Building and took pictures, experimenting with the "low light" mode on my camera.  We had some cool shots:

Front of the Capitol
 I love that they light the flagpole and fly the flag even at midnight.  God Bless America!

Back of Capitol Dome Detail
 I always struggle with compositions, but with architecture it seems a little easier.  Love that moon in the background!

Salt Lake City Capitol and grounds
If you're in Salt Lake City, I would really recommend coming here to check it out - the property surrounding the capitol is absolutely beautiful.  We're in a little park area behind the capitol here, and in the front is a large beautiful lawn with rolling hills and some trees.  Good place for a picnic this summer.  Any takers?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

no, provo is better. Your friend Amy is in Provo.