5.05.2011

National Geographic Moment

That guy left of center has got it figured out.  Laying down while asleep is where it's at!

I was walking home from work one day when I spotted these little bachelors taking a nap together.  Who knew that ducks sleep standing on just one leg?  I decided to take a minute and compose a few shots of this unusual behavior.  You'll notice my camera's auto-focus is looking at the far bank: yet another reason to use manual mode.  One day I'll get brave and experiment with it a little more.

You'll also notice a mother duck in the background (actually in focus), laying upon her little ducklings!  She's been swimming around in the water with them lots, very proud of her wee little waterfowl.

Thank you, south campus pond, for your natural marvels!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!
Dad