4.21.2010

Welcome Home.

Yesterday, I felt this way. After studying for my physiology final for a grand total of 40+ hours, I was ready to call it quits. Happily, I did not sink, but rather pushed through my tired mental barrier to finish out the semester strong. In hindsight, I'm happy I put in the time to swim just a little longer.
And now the summer is upon us! I cannot WAIT to bike down trails like this one. The Bonneville Pipleine trail is one of my favorite mountain trails. My goal this year is to bike to the top of the trail on the road, then survive the break-neck descent along a trail packed with bridges, cliff-line switchbacks, tightly forested corners, and the occasional surprised hiker with their dog. Aaron, you don't have a choice: you're coming with me.

Summer lovin. Why not? Everybody on BYU campus seems to be holding hands these days. I even saw a pair of ducks on a cute little date, waddling together across Brigham Square amongst hurried and harried undergrads preparing for their finals. It was precious, especially in contrast to the campus wide anxiety-attack that has been occurring for the past week.

For my Utes and Cougars who are still cramming for finals, remember this quote and live by it. You won't regret it.

How happy I am to be home again. The summer is full of possibilities - though at the moment I have little to do, I anticipate a part-time job and part-time volunteering (hopefully at the hospital), then lots and lots of study as I prepare for the MCAT. Hopefully I can fit in a vacation to Havasupai and Lake Powell while I'm at it. Summers are best when they're busiest, right?

No comments: