3.16.2010

DST 2010

[Thank you Daylight Savings Time]
{photo via}



Dear Daylight Savings Time,

Welcome back! I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks for giving me more sunlight in the afternoon hours. Also, thank you for reducing traffic fatalities. I really appreciate how well you help me stay awake as I study throughout the day. However. I have a bone to pick with you.
You messed up my sleep schedule.

Monday morning, one week ago, I awoke (without an alarm clock) at 7:00 am with creamy golden sunshine warming my face. Despite only getting 6.5 hours of sleep, I felt great, because the sunshine told me to. Monday morning, one day ago, the number of times I hit the snooze button rocketed past the single digits and into the teens. Despite getting 8 hours of sleep, I felt like the garbage inside the can I tripped over on my way to the toaster.

I know you're trying to help, but if you have any personal connections with the Sun, could you please tell him I'm really missing him in the morning time and to please come out a little earlier? Thanks. Seriously, you do a great job. And despite making everybody late for church on Sunday, I still think you're pretty great.

Sincerely,

Crave

4 comments:

Anna Peterson said...

Amen.

kelseyosterman said...

I love this. :) Your humor makes me smile. And it's a spot-on description of the reality of Daylight Savings Time.

Gordy Evans said...

Were you counting the number of times I hit the snooze button or you did. I am pretty sure I beat you at that one, and that's not a good thing;-). Your the man crave baby!

Jessica said...

Craven.

It was fun to see you yesterday, it made me want to catch up on the blog once again. Hope life is good for you!

Jessica