3.24.2010

Birthday Birthday Coming to Earth Day!

(I have a new favorite birthday song. Seriously, you will not regret listening to it. Thank you for the live a capella performance, Aly and Stacey!)

I am one year older now than I was a week ago.

I am one year different.

I hope to believe I am also one year more mature, and one year closer to my God. In my 22nd year I did a lot of things, and I'm grateful for my experiences.

As a 22 year old, I picked a major, then changed it, then changed it again, watched 4 of my best friends get married, painted a handful of commissions, pulled one all-nighter, successfully avoided swine flu (despite 2 roommates and my girlfriend having it at the same time), swam in the Pacific, built a home in Mexico, got my first B+ in college, followed by my first 4.0. I also went barefoot for 30 consecutive days, excluding 3 hours per week at church, and while standing in line at the testing center.

A glorious year.


Now that I am 23, what does the future hold? There are a few things I know for sure. I will get a job, take the MCAT, and move out of the Riviera. I will paint another handful of commissions - and if I don't sell them, I certainly don't mind keeping them - and I will continue in my quest for self-discovery.

Thanks, God, for a great year. Every breath is a gift.

Everyone, I hope you are taking a little time to stop and reconsider:

How are you doing on your New Year's Resolutions?
How is your relationship with your family? Your friends?
When's the last time you told your siblings or your parents that you love them, and appreciate them?
What are you going to do to make 2010 worth the precious time you've been given?
What are you going to do to make the world a better place?

Why not start right now?

1 comment:

Aly said...

DAH you went to scripture scouts radio! I am so happy. Your life will be changed forever if you listen to that. Also, you can borrow all the tapes. You'd love them

I think you're really great spence. Thanks for being born 23 years ago. Also, 30 days of no shoes? You're legit