10.27.2009

Snow.

As I stepped out of my apartment into the silence of the early morning, I felt the world holding its breath. Looking at the mountains, I saw clouds hanging low, like swollen udders ready to be rid of their cargo. The wind blew. I pretended I could breathe smoke into the frozen air.

An hour later, a snowflake fell, right on the sidewalk in front of me. I stopped. The first snowflake of the season. Reveling in the moment, I looked up to catch a snowflake on my tongue, but the huge one I was aiming for swerved at the last second and landed in my eye. Oh well.

I smiled anyways, and sang Christmas songs in my head. Then I played them on the piano for the prelude in my Doctrine and Covenants Class.

Life is good, and the holidays are even better. For me, this means a lot of family, spending time with friends, and delicious cheese. It also means costumes, little kids, good food, and hot chocolate. Some dislike the cold weather, but to me it just means red noses and sledding, evergreen trees and pretty lights.

Bring on winter!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love this. And I love that you sang Christmas songs. It's never too early.

Please let's hang out more.