10.08.2009

Going to Bed. Early.

Last night I stayed up until 1 AM for the first time in a long while. This morning, when my phone alarm went off and roused me from delerium, I was convinced that if I actually attempted to get out of bed, I would only end up unconscious, half-dressed, face down on the bedroom floor, breathing in the dust bunnies underneath my mattress. And so, with superhuman effort, I reached all the way over to the nightstand and mashed the keys on my phone until it stopped ringing. Letting my giant poofy comforter consume me, I succumbed once again to slumber. Then, 2 hours later, I awoke naturally and decided this: I am going to live to see a whole lot more sunrises.

Sunsets are pretty but sunrises make you feel better, I think. So no more sleeping in, except on special occasions. I apologize in advance for all the parties which I will leave early - but I just can't miss out on my daily get-together with the rising sun at 7 AM, which is way cooler.

No comments: