9.14.2009

2 Nephi 31:20

"Wherefore ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end. Behold, thus saith the Father, ye shall have eternal life."

Today a wonderful thing happened. It actually caused me to exclaim, and yell "YES!! YESS!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!" at the top of my lungs.

What happened? I got into PdBio 220 Section 002: Human Anatomy. Let me explain the import of this to you: There are 4 professors that teach the subject, but only 1 of them teaches the class because she wants to (rather than being required to by the university). Professor Tomco is so passionate about the subject that she is devoting her life to be a teacher of it. It's common knowledge that Tomco is the only good teacher in this class. I have an extreme interest in the subject as well, and refuse to settle for less than the best teacher.

I tried to add her class online every day - on average of 6 times per day - for over 2 months. Doing the math, I calculate that I checked about 400 times before I actually got into the class: On the evening of the last day before the Add/Drop Deadline.

I never gave up, and God knew how bad I wanted this, and He came through for me. Go team. Just one more testimony that when it really counts, God's got your back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Spence, that's seriously awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you. It amazes me everyday how much God is aware of our individual needs. He definitely hears and answers our prayers :)

Crave said...

HA! So true! And thank goodness.