3.11.2009

Organic Chemistry.

I bet nobody even reads this post. I know I wouldn't.

Why? Because O-Chem is so boring. I wish we never had to learn it. I know I'm never going to use it in my job, and yet I spend my collegiate life sacrificing fun FHE activities, trips to the mall and quality time with my roommates, homies, and girls to practice it. I don't even like it!

Just look at this picture and see if it depresses you:


Yep. I do that. I put molecules like this together for class assignments. Practical applications? None. I mean, yeah yeah yeah, I can synthesize aspirin from minty wintogreen molecules. Who cares? I don't want to research it, I just want to fix people's teeth, okay?

I really do think that chemistry is a beautiful thing, and I wish I understood it and loved it as much as my professor (the legendary Dr. Nielson) does. I'd just rather kick a around soccerball or climb up a cliff than practice intramolecular nucleophilic acyl substitution of six-membered rings.

Can't wait until it's over. The end.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

ew.

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for the dance major.

Jessica Lynn said...

Your one reason to smile made me smile. I also skimmed your post...I couldn't bring myself to actually read it when you told me not to.

Crave said...

Hahahaha, I love you Bods. You should blog more. I checked it today and... nothing new. It made me sad. Anyways, you rock.

BFC said...

Bro! Have you studied borophyll yet in O Chem?