3.25.2011

My Birthday Weekend

My birthday weekend was marvelous.  My family and my friends spoiled me beyond anything I've ever experienced, with party after party after party, 3 cakes, dancing, singing, blasting clay pigeons to smithereens, etc... not to mention presents galore!  Thanks everybody for making me feel like a million bucks!

 This is my new camera, which I purchased as a birthday gift to myself!  Thus, pictures on my blog are now going to be less of a rarity.  It's a Canon G12 and I bought it here.  LOVE IT!
 A celebratory March Madness Mustache - prudently I shaved it before I incurred any permanent social damage.

One of my favorite pictures from my new camera.  Great imaging. 

On Saturday, I ran up to Salt Lake and dropped my car off to get my tires rotated, then jumped in my friend Steve's fun new Outback to go shooting! 

Our shooting crew.  One notable addition: Marc's awesome new dog, a black labrador/boxer mix, fittingly named Apollo. 

Saturday night, Adam and Steph threw me a party, and I was flattered that a lot of my friends came from out of town to celebrate with me.  Thanks for coming, Ashten! 

 We played Rockband, always a favorite.

 My roommate, Scott and two of my best friends from Provo, Jenna and Gabe.  I'm so happy I met them this year!
 No party would be complete without a 4-way Just Dance Extravaganza!  Apparently Marci is the only person with enough body control to end up without a blurry face.

 Gordy and Hailey, adorable and status quo.

 Towards the end of the night, Dave (always a co-partier with me, as his birthday is 2 days prior to mine) came over with his wife and we danced to "Hey Hey I Don't Like Your Girlfriend!"  Oh man, super fun.
Things cooled off around 1am and Steve and I played a little guitar.

The following day, I had a great party with my family, with delicious steak dinner and lots of time with my cRaZy nephews!  I was having too much fun to take pictures, but thanks fam for helping me feel so appreciated!

And as always, my birthday means that SPRING has SPRUNG!  Happy spring everybody!

No comments: