3.27.2011

Hare Krishna Hare Hare!!

I attended the Festival of Colors with some of my friends this weekend.  It was CrAzY!  Photos:


I got plastered with color, like most other people.  My first bit of color:  the green around my eyes.  Somebody threw it right in my face with my EYES OPEN.  It's also the last color to come off - despite my best efforts, I still have a little bit around my eyes and it looks like I'm wearing makeup.

Usually 4-5 people were crowd surfing at any one time.  To the left of that center pavilion, they burned a "witch" doused in diesel gasoline.

Arguably the most fun and most dangerous portion of the event:  a coordinated color throwing.  After everybody screams the countdown from 10, the world explodes into a whirl of yellows, greens, and pinks, which mix together and fill your lungs until you feel like you're going to pass out from all the scented chalk.

For any who haven't been to the Hare Krishna Holi Festival, do yourself a favor, and go next year!  It was fun to mingle with the locals in mutual support and celebration of the Hindu religion.  What a fun time!  I'll see you there next year!

No comments: