7.01.2009

Lake Powell!

I love Lake Powell!! Every year our family goes together and it's always an amazing trip. This year was even better than most - my entire family went with us, and I brought my buddy Spencer Clawson, a.k.a. Coleslaw, to accompany me on the adventure.I bought a wifebeater specifically for the occasion. Why not?

Andy's first time trying to ski. He talked about nothing but Star Wars the entire trip, so Em convinced him to try skiing by saying it was "just like podracing."

Note the wild look in his eyes.


Bryce sporting his sweet new hairstyle.

Coleslaw and I hanging out at the campfire - after the rest of the family left, Rich and I did a coal walk on the embers. For some reason he got burned and I didn't, haha.

My little nephew Charlie -Chacha for short- loved pretending to be his uncle Rich. He was super happy the entire trip... must be those Craven genes.

Whenever Em is out on the water, she's smiling ridiculously huge, and hucking sick tricks.

That right, Rich is surfing. His poor wife was sick the entire vacation.

Shredding the gnar.

Family bonding time.

The little boys swimming with their uncles. Charlie (on right) loved the water. Andy... not so much.

Rich taught me some sick-awesome wakeboarding flips. I actually landed this one... just kidding

The whole crew, my family is so awesome!
(Notice Andy's pose - he is Plokoon from Star Wars Episode 1.)
Props to Clawson for taking the pic.

Awesome things about this vacation:
- my entire family came
- we slept outside every night, even when it rained
- walked barefoot on burning embers
- learned how to do a back roll (haven't really landed it yet though)
- learned to surf
- became Mace Windu, compliments of Andrew Wilson
- almost died in a crazy afternoon storm
- survived despite a leaky boat, busted leaf spring on the trailer, and blistering heat
- had smooth water all day, every day
and best of all - I didn't even get sunburned!

2 comments:

The Jacksons said...

woah. that was a fun trip. let's go back.

Dave and Jessica said...

crave found your blog! yes! hope life is treating you well...good to see you at the Evan's wedding! isn't that weird to say!