7.17.2009

Harry Potter Fans, Be Jealous

Okay, so I love Harry Potter. So, naturally, when the latest movie, an adaptation of Book Six - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - was released nationwide in theatres, I was sure to be at the premiere.


Only, my Harry Potter experience was better than yours. One really nice thing about working for a dentist is that you automatically get hookups - one of my boss' friends up the street rented out an entire hallway of theatres, which showed Harry Potter at 6:40 PM on Tuesday, over 5 hours before the premiere.

So, while the rest of you waited in line all day long (and I would have too, if I were you), I walked right on into a private screening, compliments of Dr. Poulsen, and sat exactly where I wanted to. The thrill of teenage romance, the excitement of the struggle between good and evil, intrigue, double agents, murder, all mine just for the trouble of showing up, and I didn't even have to stay up late. Ha. Life is sweet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is sweet! I'm not gonna lie though... that makes me slightly jealous because I stayed up until 3 AM just to see it! I mean it was totally worth it but shot my next day at work!

Crave said...

Yeah, a lot of my friends told me the same thing, hence the gloating in this post. haha.

Miss Megan said...

Ha! I saw the movie at 5:30, so I was a whole hour ahead of you! ... of course, I didn't see it free. Ah, well. The movie was awesome, and that's what matters, right? Glad you had so much fun!