5.25.2009

Base Painting.

I have never tracked my own progress on a piece of art before, but I thought it might be fun to do it on my blog, so in between regular posts, I'll upload the weekly progress of my painting so I can show you what I've done. Hopefully, this will motivate me to put in some time every week, and also be a good way for me to see how I might improve my technique. Here is what I've got after my first 3 hours.



I selected a photo of a man, laughing after being covered in colors at the Hindu Holi Festival. I'm painting from a black and white printout of the photo (seen taped to the canvas) and a full-color image on my computer screen itself, in hopes that it will maintain the integrity of the colors. As you can see, so far I'm just laying in the base color. Looks like our Hindu friend got blasted with blue-green the most.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: