5.21.2009

And She Swears That She's Artsy...

I used to do a lot of painting, but in three years, I haven't started a single project. Well, that streak ended today! I can't tell you how excited this makes me. I don't have a photo to show you, but I'll post again when I finish up.

I love portraiture.
Here's a couple that I've done:

a little self portrait - when I was 16

my nephew - a quick study in oils
(I had to complete the picture from sketched-on gesso in 3 hours
)

my personal favorite - a 4'x4' oil painting that hangs above the piano back home.


With all the news of horrifying events that threaten to engulf a hope for a peaceful future, it's a blessing to use my hands to create.

I wish I knew who my late grandfather was quoting, but he loved to say,

"Art is man's attempt at imitating the hand of God."

2 comments:

Anna Richards said...

Who is "she"? And Wohoo!!!! I'm excited to see what art you will do!

Anna Peterson! said...

I meant to put Peterson...