5.05.2009

Here's to Friends from Everywhere.

College is a wonderful thing. Even in a private school composed mostly of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I have met many wonderful people from all over the world, and, of course, lots of the locals.


I want to apologize to you, my Provo friends. Some of you have mentioned that I hate Provo and everybody in it. I never meant to imply this in my last post, only that home sweet home calls out to me ever so enticingly to come back often.

In my life's travels, I've gained friends from the four corners of the earth, and I've found lots of my friends aren't as eager to stay close to home as I am. Spain, Japan, Madagascar, South Africa, India, Finland, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and other places are now called home by some of my childhood friends.

It's crazy how quick we grow up. And it's crazy how small the world can be. So, here's a toast to friends everywhere. Thank God for the goodness of humanity, and for giving man a heart and filling it with love.

1 comment:

Nick said...

That's more like it.