2.10.2009

TV is of the DEVIL

TV is the biggest time waster ever invented. There are so many better things to do, like studying for and taking my World Religions Exam for example. Seriously, I'm boycotting TV for a week. And when I get married, I'm considering depriving my children of it.

Have you ever read the book "Bridge to Terabithia?" (Don't tell me you've seen the movie and expect me to accept that.) I feel like that book was written just for me.

One of the characters in the book, Leslie, has an extremely original, brilliant, and creative mind. One of the reasons for this, among many others, is that she's not influenced by television - her family doesn't even own one. She thinks in the most remarkable ways, and confidently stands her ground when she believes in something. My favorite part about her is that she's never been seriously concerned with fitting in, and that very quality about her is what makes her so special.

I feel like I let TV warp my brain today. I wasted so much time, and I have nothing to show for it! Perhaps it's time I take a week long sabbatical from the boob tube and see how I feel afterwards.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Remember how I didn't get to watch the rest of that movie with you because I had to leave spencer's cabin early?....so, no i haven't seen the movie. And its been like 10 years since i read the book. That still counts, right?