1.19.2009

Dedication.

Oh baby. Here it is. This is better than I imagined...

I'm listening to "Summer Wind" by Madeiline Peyroux, in my shivering and yet homey shared-room apartment. My creative spirit has finally won over my laziness, and another blog is born.

I've always felt that inhibitions are lowest when somebody is drunk or sleep-deprived, so naturally I chose to set this thing up at 1:16 AM after a weekend of lots of playing hard. I feel good sitting at a computer, typing my thoughts and sharing a little bit of my feelings here... I sort of feel like I am in a movie, and this is the opening credits. Kind of a cool feeling.

This blog is dedicated to the unconquerable spirit of man. In all the headwinds and opposition that dreamers face, still we push inexorably onward until, through the materials of true dedication, persistence, and hard work, we form our dreams into realities. Nothing is so constant as change. This blog is a journal, but it's also a toast to those who dedicate their lives to a change for the better. Isn't that what you want to do? It's what I'm doing. I figure if I keep track of what's going on in my life, I'll be able to make a little better sense of it, and scoot on along my life course a little bit smoother.

My blog address is a tribute to Mason Jennings' song "If you Aint Got Love." To me, it's a perfect little glimpse into the precious few but brilliant moments in a man's life when he knows he is feeling something, and feeling it strong. Passion is what makes life taste good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So I'm pretty sure you're my blogging hero. If only my blog could be as good as yours. It is my goal in life.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

Can I use part of the information from this blog post right above if I provide a backlink back to your site?

Thanks,
Charlie