1.25.2009

Best. Night. Ever.

Okay. I've ridden (rode?) on rollercoasters. I've been to New York. I parasailed, bodysurfed, and toured the ruins of Mexico. I've dated beautiful girls. I'm even sitting next to one right now. All those things really put a smile on my face. But nothing, nothing compares to what I did last night.


I crowdsurfed. I sang 70's hits, and whenever I reached out past the stage's edge, girlish screams burst forth from the already roaring crowd and I felt like a celebrity.

Nothing compares. Nothing. Seriously, I cannot put into words the amazing feelings, the heart-racing exhilaration that infuses my very being when performing on stage with the Groovetrain. Holy cow!

All night long, I was surrounded by the people I love: my friends from as far south as Provo, and as far north as Logan and Layton, (and everywhere in between) came from hours away, ready to party. I can honestly count on one hand the people that are important to me that weren't there. For me, the night was full of everything desirable to a man - free food and drink, tons of candy, glow sticks, mass amounts of girls, fantastic hugs, dancing, thousands of screaming fans... heck. They even called for an encore.


The highlight of my night deserves revisiting: I play keyboard, so during Pat Benatar's "Heartbreaker," I've got no music to play. Free to follow my heart's desire, I jumped off the front of the stage to join the thronging masses. Gordy Evans yelled to me "I really want to lift you up right now!" So I jumped up on his shoulders to get a view of the crowd, quickly noticing everybody reaching for me... that's right, they wanted to pass me around above them. And who am I to resist? As hands reached up and pushed me around to the bumping music of the 80's, I thought to myself, this is what life is about. This is what makes life worth living. This is passion.

A sign of a good party is that everybody leaves the place so devoid of energy they can barely stumble home in time to lose consciousness. At the end of the night, I was so physically and emotionally spent that I felt like I was running on fumes. I made an appearance at the afterparty, downed half a vitamin water, stuck an oreo on a girl's face, then split for home.


Seriously, best night of my life. The best. Hands down.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you were treated like a suuuuuper star!!