4.04.2011

April General Conference

Every 6 months, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints holds a General Conference, in which the worldwide leaders of the Church speak to listeners worldwide.  I packed up and left Provo for the weekend, to spend some time with my family in Salt Lake City as we enjoyed all five sessions.  I love that the General Authorities of the LDS Church can speak in enough detail to appeal to those who are intimately familiar with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, but still speak in simple enough terms that a child, or somebody else who is new to the Gospel, can understand.  That is one of my favorite things about Conference.

I feel spiritually fed and richly blessed.  There is so much to learn, and so much more we can do!  As the talks become available online, I will post a link to them here.



That's what you get for falling asleep in conference.


Just kidding.  We didn't really fall asleep.
But take note of the awesome soft-focus from my g12.
Love it.



In addition to the usual joys of Conference, I got to meet my new nephew, Benjamin Percy Jackson.  He's a cutie, isn't he?  We call him "B-Perce," or while he's small, "Benjamin Button."


My oldest sister celebrated her birthday with us, and much wrapping paper was strewn about with reckless abandon.  My brother and I stapled 16 pieces of cardstock together and made the hugest birthday card ever.

No comments: