7.03.2010

MCAT Update

Well well well!

Altius Test Prep seems to be a rather amazing course. I'm just over halfway through the program right now, and I feel like it's been helping me along quite a bit. It costs about as much as a semester of tuition, but considering the inherent value of a good MCAT score, it's well worth the price - and to me, much more value per dollar than Kaplan.

And at the halfway mark, you take your first practice exam. Though I had seen much of the material before, it was good to take the test just to become familiar with the format. I was still nervous, and said a little prayer before taking it. Five and a half hours later, I emerged from the test with a whopping 41! Now, if I actually get a 41 (that's 99.7th percentile) on the MCAT, I will rejoice exceedingly, but I'm not getting my hopes up from the practice test. Today there was no pressure, and I'd seen a lot of the questions first - but now I know how it feels to approach the test with complete confidence that I'm going to rock it. And come test day (August 24th now!) I want to feel the same way.

I'm a little behind in my classes due to making birthday preparations for this girl (more to come on that), plus a deep inset need to commune with nature during the summer, but to be honest I am having fun getting ready for the MCAT! Some say that I am wasting my summer away in the library, but it doesn't feel that way to me.

More bulletins as events warrant!

2 comments:

Anna Peterson said...

wooohhooo!!!! That is an amazing score!!! Way to go Crave. You are going to ROCK the mcat. Good luck birthday planning. Hope we see you soon!

Starlee said...

Oh dear, I hope the birthday plans for this girl haven't put you too far behind! I bet she's very grateful though, so hopefully it is worth it! ;) I bet she's really impressed that her boyfriend is such a smart boy, and figures he'll be able to catch up really quick.
Once again, congrats on being AMAZING!