2.16.2010

Oh Valentines!

Some Highlights of Valentines Past:

In 1987 I had just more than a month to scoot on into this lovely world.

In 1999 I won the Valentine's Box contest. It was a red styrofoam dragon that I stole from my mom.

In 2003 Melinda Schultz stole a kiss from me, then pulled away, licked her lips, and said "mmmm.... tasty." I almost barfed right on my parents' doorstep. Worst Valentine's Day ever.

2004, I really kissed a girl, nice and good, for my first time. It was my best Valentine's Day of my high school career.

In 2006 all I could think about was my upcoming and mission to Iowa...

... and 2007 and 2008 were devoid of any Valentines love (because of the mission);

2009 was just awkward,

and 2010 was superb. Sublime. Stupendous. Salubrious, even, thanks to Biaggi's. It had everything needed for a Valentine weekend.

beautiful dancing (thank you Swan Lake)
sumptuous dining (thank you triggerfish for sacrificing your life. you were delicious.)
spontaneous surprises (just short of a billion balloons crammed into my bedroom)

This year has reset the standard. Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Crave said...

Anonymous, Thank you, I'm flattered! I do not have a copy writer, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.