11.19.2009

Day 10 - Attitude of Gratitude

I am leaving to Mexico before you know it.

This post is actually for tomorrow but I am going to bed now and will not have time at all to write tomorrow. I still have to study for/take my Molecular Biology Midterm Exam, pack for Mexico, and somehow squeeze in a quick visit to Michelle, who I will not see again for at least 18 months. Plus I sure would like to see my girl.

Today, I am grateful for VIDA (Volunteers Involved in Development Abroad). This is the organization that is making my trip to Mexico possible. I'm so grateful that they let me be a part of their team even though I don't speak any Spanish and I'm kind of a skinny fella. Hopefully I have the stamina to build a house brick by brick with them. Today, I picked up 50 dental hygiene kits that I'll be delivering to an orphanage there. I'm so excited to meet all the little ninos and play some soccer with them!

I will be foregoing thanksgiving with my family, but I feel this is appropriate, as I have been given so much, and this is a great opportunity to give back.

So until I blog again, Happy Thanksgiving!

*****

Dearest avid and worthy readers (all 5 or so of you, haha), I need your input. By the time I get back from Mexico in 10 days, it will be time for my daily AoG postings again. Do you want to hear more? Or am I driving you crazy with these daily updates in your blogroll?

Let your voice be heard!

2 comments:

kelseyosterman said...

I like. :) Makes me realize what I have to be thankful for too!

Ali T said...

Write anything and everything you want. I read it all.